SU RAVI'S PORTAL




Hi,
Welcome to "SWETHA PADHMAM"-(The White Lotus)-Abode of SARASWATHI-The Goddess of all forms of Fine-arts.My passions - MUSIC, ART & POETRY(TAMIL) are Shared herein. Welcome again to the White Lotus! Wish you a happy blogging!-Su.Ravi

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

JAYAKANTHAN


Jayakanthan or JK for the short, is a great name in modern Tamizh literature especially in the world of Novels, KuruNavals & ShortStories. The Muththiraik kathaikal that appeared in the Vikatan, his immortal works like " Yaarukkaaka azhuthaan", "Paarisukkup Po",'Oru veedu, Oru Manithan, Oru Ulakam" , "Suya tharisanam", "rishiMuulam", " Naan Enna seyyattum Sollungo","Jaya jaya Sankara" etc.. have made me spell bound.

JK's works should be translated into other languages & am sure he would be rated at par with the best Story writers the world had produced.
I remember contacting JK in person on behalf of our Literary Forum " Sinthanaik kottam" way back in 1960's to invite him talk on "Plato" as a "Ulaka Sinthanaiyaalar" (We had other Thinkers in the series including Tholkaappiyar). I remember that I had met him at Ananda Vikatan office. For reasons I don't remember now , we could not have him for the occasion.
JK is ever etched in my memory as a world class writer and this is my humble way of paying my tributes to the stalwart.

This is a quick brush work using a few poster colours on drawing paper, done after my morning coffee on a Sunday.

Poster colours on Paper

1Jun 2008

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home