SU RAVI'S PORTAL




Hi,
Welcome to "SWETHA PADHMAM"-(The White Lotus)-Abode of SARASWATHI-The Goddess of all forms of Fine-arts.My passions - MUSIC, ART & POETRY(TAMIL) are Shared herein. Welcome again to the White Lotus! Wish you a happy blogging!-Su.Ravi

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kaathal Nanaiththa Nilavu



I am always fascinated by the great works of Raja Ravivarma-right from my college days!CrazyMohan & I used to go treasure hunting for RRV's reprints in the narrow lanes of "padak kadaith theru" in Broadway,shop by shop. This painting of Radha & Krishna on the banks of the Silvery moon litYamuna is one of RRV's masterpieces . Strangely Krishna is not painted dark; Perhaps, the Black Yamuna & Krishna have both been bathed in the Silver Sheen of the Full Moon and changed their colours!

poster colours on Paper

23/02/08

2 Comments:

Blogger era.murukan said...

Dear Mr.Ravi,

I was directed to your blog by Mr.Mohan our friend. I find this interesting. Am aware both you and Mohan are ardent devotees of Raja Revi Verma. I do like his paintings. Nonetheless, somehow I feel Verma does not allow viewers' participation in his works (except for a few like Maratha woman). Shall like to discuss in detail when we all have time. Incidentally I have written in my blog 'Vembanattukkaayal' about Eduard Monet's impressionist paintings and a few articles on other schools of European art. Please could you visit the site when you find time. Cheers

7:20 PM  
Blogger Ravisanth said...

Dear Murukan,

Thanks for the visit & the comments.."Loko Binna Ruchi:"
It is this diversity of Rasanai that makes life interesting!
Well, with all that, for me RRV is RRV.
I will certainly visit your Blog & interact..
Natpudan, Su.Ravi

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home