SU RAVI'S PORTAL




Hi,
Welcome to "SWETHA PADHMAM"-(The White Lotus)-Abode of SARASWATHI-The Goddess of all forms of Fine-arts.My passions - MUSIC, ART & POETRY(TAMIL) are Shared herein. Welcome again to the White Lotus! Wish you a happy blogging!-Su.Ravi

Friday, May 30, 2008

SARASVATHI



This is my first attempt of Oil on canvas; and I decided to begin with the Godess of Wisdom- a RRV remake.
I owe my sincere thanks to Shri. Keshav of The HINDU for giving me very useful tips with out which my learning curve would have been much longer . I shared the progress of this work at various stages with him & my mutifaceted friend Crazy Mohan;Both of them encouraged me to reach this stage.
There is an interesting incident.
RRV's original does not have Muukkuththi for Sarasvathi & I also drew it that way only.
After painting the face, I had left the canvas on the table ( Still with wet paint).
I finished my Evg Puja/prayers & came to the table & bent over the picture to have a look at the unfinished painting.
The Kumkumam I was wearing on my forehead just shed on the face of Sarasvathi & got stuck to the nose exactly as a "Sekappuk kallu Muukkuththi".
I had left it as such to remain there...


OIL ON CANVASS


MAY 2008

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home