SU RAVI'S PORTAL




Hi,
Welcome to "SWETHA PADHMAM"-(The White Lotus)-Abode of SARASWATHI-The Goddess of all forms of Fine-arts.My passions - MUSIC, ART & POETRY(TAMIL) are Shared herein. Welcome again to the White Lotus! Wish you a happy blogging!-Su.Ravi

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Puli vahanan



Raja Ravi Verma had been my "Atharsam" from the days I started painting.After Ravi Verma's oleographs, another artist I admired in my school days was Shri Kondiah Raju of Kovipatti.
This painting of my Ishta Deivam(favorite deity) was Kondia Raju+ RaviVerma inspiration. Ayyappan is accompanied by his Puli vahanam & Naga raja. In the backdrop flows the Holy Pamba.Beyond the Sahyathri mountains, we see the Kantha Malai or Ponnambala medu where the lord appears in the form of Makara Jyothi.

Poster colours & pastel crayons on Paper
Dated: Sep 1998

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home